Acceptance of Terms
Proprietary Rights & Copyright Agent
You acknowledge and agree that this Site contains text, graphics, video and other content that is protected by applicable intellectual property laws, including the Touchstone Energy® name and logo design, which are federally registered trademarks of Touchstone Energy and may not be used without permission. You may view and download materials from the Site on a single computer for Your personal, noncommercial use on the condition that You do the following: retain any copyright or other legal notices contained in any material You download and You do not (and do not allow any third party) to make further use of the Site and any materials obtained from it without getting prior permission.
This Site contains content that We have created as well as content developed by Touchstone Energy Cooperatives and by other third parties with their permission. We respect the intellectual property rights of others and will remove content that appears to infringe any copyright or other intellectual property rights. We reserve the right to terminate any user’s access to the Site who posts infringing material.
If You believe that Your intellectual property has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or Your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please contact our Copyright Agent listed below and provide the following information:
- a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that You believe has been infringed;
- a description of where that material is located on the Site;
- Your mailing address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by You, made under penalty of perjury, that: (1) You have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; (2) the above information in Your notice is accurate; and (3) You are the copyright or intellectual property owner or are authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf;
- Your physical or electronic signature.
Our Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement can be reached as follows: (By mail) Timothy Johnson, NRECA, National Rural Electric Cooperative Association, 4301 Wilson Boulevard, Arlington, Virginia 22203 . (By email) [email protected]
Your notice will be evaluated and action taken as is appropriate under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
User Conduct, Postings & Submissions
- Not submit or post any content that is unlawful, threatening, defamatory, hateful, obscene, or otherwise offensive, or that may be invasive of another’s privacy, business or trade secrets.
- Not send any overly “commercial” content, such as unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or solicitations.
- Not submit or post any content that may infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights (“Intellectual Property”) of any party. By submitting or posting content through the Site You warrant that You have the necessary right, license or permission to so use any relevant Intellectual Property, and grant to Us irrevocable, transferable, worldwide, and nonexclusive rights and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use the Intellectual Property without compensation to You.
- Not knowingly submit or post any content that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs that interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of the Site or any computer hardware, software or networks connected to the Site, or that otherwise disrupt the normal flow of communications on the Site.
Disclaimer of Warranties & Limitation of Liability: We strive to offer helpful, accurate and timely energy savings information. However, inadvertent errors can occur and We may experience technical difficulties in the operation of Our Site. Therefore, this Site and all of its content, including third party content and links, are being provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, but not limited to merchantability, fitness or non-infringement. If You rely on any data or information found on or through this site, You do so AT YOUR OWN RISK. (If You live in a state which does not permit disclaimers of implied warranties, this part of our disclaimer may not apply to You.) Touchstone Energy will not be liable to anyone for any direct, indirect, special, consequential, or other damages resulting from the use of this Site or any linked web site, even if expressly advised of the possibility of such damages.